Web Service
About us
Audio/ Video news
Constitution
E-Newspaper(PDF)
Subscribe now !
Newspaper
E-papers
Advertisement
Contact
Editor
Webmaster
Online Sub
Online Adv

Home

Local hotels, tour companies increase cooperation

Hotels in Vientiane are looking forward to further cooperation opportunities with tour agents as guest numbers increase during Visit Laos 2018, according to a hotel manager in the capital.
General Manager of Lao Plaza Hotel, Mr Nobuyuki Fukuda commented yesterday that his hotel is continuing to cooperate with tour agents, especially during this year’s promotional campaign.
Mr Fukuda added that the Lao government is also urging hotels to improve their service standards which he believed would attract even more tourists to the country.
According to a Tourism Development Department report in 2016, Laos had 419 hotels and 1,788 guesthouses and resorts but only four five-star hotels in Vientiane.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Information, Culture and Tourism reported that Laos received some 4.1 million visitors in 2016.
The government has projected 5.3 million foreign visitors in 2018, 5.7 million for 2019, around 6 million in 2020, and 8.1 million in 2025.
Around 70 percent of tourists come from within the region, especially Thailand, while the other 30 percent originate from Europe, America, Japan, Republic of Korea, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
It is expected that the growth in tourist numbers and the economic benefits will help drive investment expansion and fuel further accommodation construction such as five-star hotels.
A tour company representative, Mr Kham Norasing said recently that tour operators were now increasing their cooperation with hotels in Laos with last month’s reservations growing by 20-25 percent.
Mr Kham reported that booking increased for the two months of November and December last year, which was a good sign for country’s tourism industry, after the number of tourists visiting Laos plateaued in recent times. Tour organisers said their companies were enjoying steady bookings growth since the start of the year accompanied by Laos’ tourism campaign activities.
Laos was the eighth top-ranked country to visit for 2015 with over 95.25 percent of the Wanderlust Travel magazine’s readers voting for it, while it was the 10th top-ranked country to visit for 2014 with over 93 percent of readers endorsing it.


By Times Reporters
(Latest Update
February 13,
2018)


Newspaper Subscription l Newspaper Advertisement l Online Advertisement l Online Subscription

Vientiane Times Phonpapao Village, Unit 32, Sisattanak District, P.O.Box: 5723 Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel: (856-21) 336042, 336048, Fax: (856-21) 336041

Email:
info@vientianetimes.la
Copyright © 1999 Vientiane Times.