Web Service
About us
Audio/ Video news
Constitution
E-Newspaper(PDF)
Subscribe now !
Newspaper
E-papers
Advertisement
Contact
Editor
Webmaster
Online Sub
Online Adv

 

 


 


Buildings, cars and roads are flooded by torrential rains brought by Typhoon Kong-rey in Yeongdeok, 350 kilometres southeast of Seoul, on Saturday.       --Photo Yonhap

Typhoon Kong-rey leaves 2 dead, 1 missing

South Korea (The Korea Herald) -- Typhoon Kong-rey has left two people dead and one missing, displaced hundreds of people and caused power outages to more than 61,000 households across the country, the state disaster management agency said on Saturday.
The Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters said the typhoon, which left the Korean Peninsula earlier in the day, killed a 66-year-old man while he was crossing a bridge in Gwangju, just south of Seoul. A 83-year-old man was also found dead, having earlier gone missing in Yeongdeok, 350 kilometers southeast of Seoul.
A 76-year-old man is still listed as missing after he slipped on a river barrage and was washed away in Pohang, 370 kilometers south of Seoul.
Prime Minister Lee Nak-yon expressed his wish for the safe return of the missing.
In Gangneung, Samcheok, Pohang, Hadong and Hapcheon, a total of
359 people in 225 households were displaced. In Busan, North Gyeongsang Province and on Jeju Island, 500 houses were inundated.
Across the country, 61,437 households suffered power outages, but power has been restored to them as of 6 pm.
The latest typhoon moved out of the peninsula via Pohang at around 12:40 p.m.

(Latest Update October 08, 2018)


Newspaper Subscription l Newspaper Advertisement l Online Advertisement l Online Subscription

Vientiane Times Phonpapao Village, Unit 32, Sisattanak District, P.O.Box: 5723 Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel: (856-21) 336042, 336048, Fax: (856-21) 336041

Email:
info@vientianetimes.la
Copyright © 1999 Vientiane Times.